Are you unhappy with your smile? Does a chipped tooth, noticeable decay, or the color of your teeth bother you? If you’ve ever been curious about dental veneers, there are new options available that are less invasive and less expensive than ever before.
Veneers are thin tooth-shaped shells that are bonded to the front of the teeth to give them a flawless look. Veneers are generally made out of resin-composite materials or porcelain. They can hide several cosmetic imperfections including broken or chipped teeth and discoloured or stained teeth. Veneers can be applied to individual teeth or to several teeth to create an entirely new smile.
The original method of applying veneers is the most complicated. It requires that the tooth or teeth be ground down. The process restructures the tooth and removes the enamel. While the veneer can then be placed properly on the tooth, the procedure is irreversible. Patients also need the aid of anesthesia because the drilling can be invasive.
These veneers are made out of the same materials but require no or very little preparation and cause no pain, so patients don’t need anesthesia. The teeth are not altered and no enamel is removed. This is very good news for patients who suffer from dental anxiety or who cannot tolerate anesthetics. This process is reversible too, although some enamel may be damaged if the veneers are removed.
Whether you choose traditional or no-prep, porcelain veneers can offer many advantages.
- The Results Look Natural – Veneers are made from translucent materials to mimic your natural enamel. No one will know the difference.
- Your Teeth Will Be Stronger and Less Sensitive – The porcelain layers give your teeth strength while protecting them from hot or cold foods that can cause sensitivity.
- You Will Have a Brighter Smile – Veneers give your teeth a whiter colouring, which you may be searching for.
- Veneers Are Easy to Care For – Daily brushing and flossing along with regular dental checkups are all you need to keep your veneers looking clean and smooth for many years.
- You May Notice Increased Confidence – Don’t let concerns about your smile hold you back. Your improved appearance can give you the encouragement you need to move forward in your personal life and feel more confident.
Which veneer style is right for you? Contact our office and our dentists at the Asante Dental Centre can give you a complete overview including recommendations of what would be the best treatment and how much it might cost.